Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How To Stop Night Coughing

Following is an excerpt from an article I received in my Inbox.
To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks VapoRub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime then cover with socks.
Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief.

Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescriptions cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly. ...

Before encountered this article I actually heard a friend mentioning this method and claimed extremely effective and I had try it on Iggy. The result? Well, I don't how effective it is. A few months ago Iggy got a mild coughing and stuffy nose which got worsen at night. However, it didn't interfered with his sleep much. But it had me worried when I heard his labored breathing. So I applied some kid's vapor rub at the bottom of his feet. Since it didn't interfered with his sleep originally, the effectiveness of the method can't be noticed. Also I didn't use Vicks and I also didn't put socks on Iggy feet.

2 comments:

  1. One time when Ben had stuffy nose, we actually switched on our steam iron and dropped a few drops of eucalyptus oil into the iron while it is steaming away. Works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using steam iron as a steamer! It is an ingenious idea!! Would really like to try it out, but I don't have a steam iron ... :p

    ReplyDelete